East Side Alliance (ESA) is an all-female bhangra team bringing together the talent of the East Coast. The team consists of dancers from VCU Bhangra, D.C. Bhangra Crew (DCBC), Shaan Mutiyaaran Di (SMD), Toronto All-Star Girls (TAG), Michigan State University (MSU) Bhangra, Rutgers University (RU) Bhangra, and Punjab Di Asli Pechchan (PDAP).
Despite coming from different teams and states, we aim to be an example of unity within a circuit increasingly driven by competitiveness. Through hard work and passion, every member of ESA has helped their respective teams achieve new heights and hope that together we can redefine the image of the female bhangra dancer in today’s age. We hope that everyone will enjoy, appreciate, and support the girls of ESA in our attempt to showcase the ultimate collaboration.
Check out our ESA Roster!
- Mariam Afzal (Toronto Allstar Girls -TAG and Anakh Sherniyan Di - ASD)
- Jaskirn Dosanjh (Toronto Allstar Girls - TAG and Apna Virsa Academy - AVA)
- Manveer Sandhu (Toronto Allstar Girls - TAG)
- Reeda Saleem (Rutgers [RU] Bhangra)
- Sumjit Bajwa (Michigan State University [MSU] Bhangra)
- Neha Singh (D.C. Bhangra Crew - DCBC)
- Shreya Kanth (Virginia Commonwealth University [VCU] Bhangra)
- Soorya Namboodiri (Virginia Commonwealth University [VCU] Bhangra)
- Shama Barot (Punjab Di Asli Pehchaan - PDAP)
- Aditi Nim (Shaan Mutiyaaran Di - SMD)
- Navi Sandhu (Shaan Mutiyaaran Di - SMD)
- Dheerja Kaur (Shaan Mutiyaaran Di - SMD)