Why a Blog?
East Side Alliance (ESA) derived from the thoughts of a few and became a new beginning for many. All of us on ESA have competed against each other, heard of one another, are friends or may have been frenemies. For some of us, ESA was a chance to compete one more time for others it was a chance to dance along girls who they have admired, learned from, or respected.
Most importantly, ESA gave us all a chance to share our experiences, learn about one another, and develop a vision together. We may not be the top 12 dancers or best female dancers the Bhangra circuit has but we have the unique opportunity to voice our opinions, reach out to others and showcase the evolution of the female Bhangra dancer.
Why a blog?
1. Plain and simple: for fun :)
2. We see ESA less as an exclusive team of 12 dancers and more as one example of how people in the Bhangra circuit can come together for a common good. If in having fun together we can challenge the competition and rivalry which dominates the Bhangra circuit, then why not?
3. Give everyone an inside look into ESA and how we work. A collaboration on this scale has never been done before. We happen to be the 12 girls brought together by connections, name, or friendship that are dancing together. If we can document our journey together and with others, we feel it can only be of benefit.
4. Bring up issues that we feel are pertinent and important as female dancers.
5. Highlight the female dancers on the East Coast, West Coast, and Midwest that we feel are part of our greater collaboration and give everyone a chance to join in on our discussion and experience.